Sunday 29 May 2011

Weekend Treasury with Peonies

A weekend treasury of some of my favourite things from Etsy.

Take a deep breathe ...



$12.00


$30.00


$30.00


$35.00


$20.00


$16.20


$22.00


$56.00


$42.00


$16.00


$24.00


$69.00


$19.00


$26.00


$3.50


$45.00

I love each of these items but I'm particularly taken by Erin Tyner's fascinating photographs. Her 'Half Awake' series, taken using tiny railway models, is so imaginative and entrancing. She also takes some stunning botanical photos which remind me of old oil paintings.

I was given a beautiful bunch of flowers last week which included one of my absolute favourites - peonies. They make such a brief appearance but smell divine and look just lovely, pink and fluffy yes, but who can resist them? I took dozens of photos but this is one of my favourites.


I'm off to Cornwall for a holiday soon and hoping to take lots of pictures while I'm there. I'll be taking my cameras with me - digital SLR, pocket sized digital and my old polaroid. I hadn't used my polaroid for ages until last year when I tried out some sepia film (thankfully now being made again). I had mixed success with it - my favourite picture being a very misty shot of Lulworth Cove. Not exactly what I was aiming for but sometimes serendipity produces something appealing. I'm hoping to try a colour film this time and see if it's less temperamental. I'll be sure and post about it when I return!

No comments:

Post a Comment