Sunday 11 March 2012

Tart's Boudoir

Remember this posting from a few weeks ago?


I did say I would let you see what this pile of bits turned into and I'm kind of pleased with how things turned out.



Two old plain fabric lampshades were tarted up with a patchwork of vintage fabrics, lace and buttons. I've always enjoyed a bit of decoupage and this project used the same technique but with little squares of fabric instead of paper. I had a great time with my new glue gun (a Christmas present from hubby), folding and sticking the lace trims and then adding a row of pretty buttons to finish it off. They're a bit 'tarts boudoir' I know, but I quite like things a bit over the top occasionally. I've got a pile of bits of old lace and another larger lampshade waiting for a more frothy, frilly makeover - I'll keep you posted with that one.

Just the other night I was watching Sarah Millican's comedy show on tele (she's fab) and the set consisted of enormous patchwork lampshades - my goodness, have I gone and become trendy by accident? Or was it done with more than a touch of irony? I may never know - but the lampshades were glorious! I resisted adding one of those old tassled lampshade fringes to mine (the ones on the show were great) but I have to admit that I've been collecting them from antique fairs and car boot sales whenever I find them so they are bound to feature soon! 

Before I go and list some more things in my shop, here's my latest Etsy Treasury - I couldn't resist the fantastic colours in these items and there are some great shops in here. I especially love the botanical resin jewellery by Spotted Dog Asheville and that red flower ring is definitely going on my wish list: 

No comments:

Post a Comment