Saturday 28 January 2012

Shades of lilac

Lately I've been really enjoying this book by Sarah Moore, bought recently on a weekend in Norwich (for a very weird coincidence related to the trip see below). I've been itching to try out some of her lovely vintage-style projects and today I got my chance. I've been collecting old lampshades for a while with no clear plan of what to do with them but this book really inspired me to have a go at something new...


Can you tell what it is yet? I won't give too much away - if it turns out badly you may never hear of this again!

I've also been listing some more vintage buttons and trim kits in my Etsy shop - some of these are up already and the rest should go on this weekend.


Now to that trip to Norwich - we stayed in a lovely apartment just a short walk from the city centre as we thought it would make a nice change from a hotel or B&B. Last night, while watching 'How the Brits Rocked America - Go West' on BBC4, we were gobsmacked to see Mickey Dolenz (of Monkees fame - we're all old enough to remember them aren't we?) being interviewed in the living room of the same apartment! There was no mistaking it - same picture on the wall, lamp, dining table, chairs. So I guess I may have slept in the same bed as Mickey Dolenz. Sorry Mickey but it wasn't quite as thrilling as if it had been Davy Jones - he was always my favourite Monkee!

No comments:

Post a Comment