Sunday 13 October 2013

Sorted!

Well, the gorgeous 1950s wardrobes and dressing table were delivered by two burly chaps from the second-hand store and have now taken pride of place in our bedroom. I was very relieved to find that they did fit after all. I had somewhat guessed their sizes as I hadn't taken a tape measure with me when we bought them. 


They are very heavy so we were glad of the help in getting them into place. The wood is a beautiful warm honey colour with a delightful pattern to it.


We have a wardrobe each and I, naturally, nabbed the one with most hanging space. Both are beautifully made and they even have hidden drawers in the bottom. We searched for a hidden drawer in the dressing table - hoping for treasure or long lost love letters - but sadly no joy there.


The lovely handles look like glass but are actually plastic. I'm so glad we spotted these - such luck!


We have spent this weekend clearing the mess that is the second bedroom and transforming it into a workspace come spare room. We just need a guest bed now - I'm bidding on one on Ebay now but don't hold out much hope of winning - wish me luck!

More next time on some fabulous finds from our local car boot sale and a pretty floral lace panel I bought on Ebay for the bedroom window.

Take care till then and have a happy week,
Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment