Sunday 13 February 2011

February Treasure Hunt

Recent trips to Marlow and Henley, two nearby towns on the banks of the Thames, have turned up some lovely vintage finds. This French dress clip is so pretty I want to buy a little black dress to go with it and pop up to London for cocktails. Sadly, I'm not a cocktail kind of girl - well, the odd Margarita and me have been friendly but I only own one dress (the one I got married in - little and black yes but with embroidered roses all over) and I'm more of a stay-at-home person. Luckily I think this would also look great on a sweater worn with a pair of jeans.

 

I couldn't resist this little Scottie Dog brooch either - he doesn't look anything like my little 'fella' but has such an expressive face.

I have a weak spot for anything from the 1930s and this Trifari dress clip is so stylish and of the era.












I also found this marcasite ship brooch complete with swinging anchor. Reminds me of my favourite joke (and the only one I can ever remember) - Question: Where are me buccaneers? Answer: Under your buccin' 'at! (Must be done with a pirates accent.) Now you can see why I don't do jokes!

I'll be putting all of these in my Etsy shop soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment